Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Really Easy Vegetable Shish Kabobs

My husband suggested that we have something on the grill for dinner.  Not being at the farm, I only had what I brought with me.  Fortunately, I packed onions, potatoes, red peppers, and sunburst squash.  So here's the recipe:

Easy Vegetable Shish Kabobs

1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
1 large red pepper, cut into 1" squares
6 small (about 1 1/2" round) potatoes, cut in half
4 small sunburst (or pattypan) squash, cut into quarters
8 oz. button mushrooms

Toss the vegetables in a bowl with a vinaigrette dressing of your choice.  Let them marinate for 30 minutes.  Skewer the vegetables in an attractive pattern.  Grill 3-4 minutes on each of 4 sides.

I wish I had brought some Japanese eggplant, too.  Next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment