Sunburst Squash Stuffed with Spinach and Feta
2 large pattypan squash
1 small onion, finely diced1 bunch spinach (or chard), chopped
1 Tbs olive oil
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup crumbled feta
2. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each squash so it will stand. Cut a hole in the top of the squash and remove the insides. Discard any hard seeds.
3. Saute onion, spinach in olive oil. Add any decent-looking squash innards (chopped). Saute
until the onion is cooked and the water has evaporated. Remove from heat.
4. Add egg and feta to the spinach mixture. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper if you would like. Stir well
5. Put the squash into a flat baking dish. Put stuffing into the hollow squash. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired.
6. Add 1/2 inch water into the dish.
7. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.